Tomato pickle is one of India’s favourite dish which is prepared extensively at homes when time is less but a tasty dish is needed. It only takes 5 min to prepare this but tasted damn good whether you eat it with rice, Pan cake or with a simple bread. Below is the recipe and preparation of Tomato pickle.
- 5 neatly copped Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp salt, 4 tbsp red chilli powder (based on your want for hotness) and 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 neatly chopped onions.
- 50 gms tamarind (take the juice with water and discard excess pulp)
- 1 tbsp methi seeds (fenugreek seeds) and 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp oil which forms the base of this recipe
Seasoning as required
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 or 2 green chillis
Now let’s begin
- Wash some fresh tomatoes and cut them into pieces and keep ready.
- Soak tamarind into warm water and take the juice and maybe some useful pulp.Discard the unwanted excess pulp
- Add oil to pan and fry fenugreek seeds,mustard seeds,curry leaves and onions.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder and chilli powder to the pan.
- Add required amount of salt and stir well for some time.
- You will get a paste like mixture which shows you are doing it right.
- Now add cloves of garlic,green chillis.
- Put a lid on the pan and let this mixture boil for 2 min.
- Yayyy!! Your tasty,hot and saucy tomato pickle is ready to be served.
Here is a video to help you. Please like and subscribe to Readonn.com for more such interesting and tasty recipes.
Let us know what you think in the comments section below.